Hot on the heels of our ‘Campsite of the Year’ accolade from the AA in 2016, we are delighted to announce another first for 2017 – a fantastic 97% overall rating, our highest ever! The best just got better.
This AA quality score shows that we are continuing to enhance the park in whatever way we can, and it has earned us a brilliant 5 star AA pennant into the bargain. Here are just some of the improvements that caught the assessor’s eye – all features designed to improve the holiday experience for each and every one of our guests.
- A completely new children’s play area created to the highest standards with soft pour surfacing, new fencing, a soft close gate – the results of a £50,000 investment.
- Tarmac paths have been introduced to all facility blocks to improve accessibility for disabled visitors.
- Wi-Fi has been improved across the park with new high speed fibre broadband.
- The pond area has been dredged and cleared and bird boxes a duck house and 10 runner ducks installed in their new home.
- A lovely new wildflower area has been created.
The assessor commented, “Overall, this is certainly one of the top parks in the country to stay on plus its location is perfect for a Dorset holiday or break. In fact, it is certainly the busiest park I have inspected this year, a good measure of its quality and popularity. Customer care is, as ever, excellent and is considered a key element by the owners and their staff.”
Site proprietors Joanne, David and Matt Bridgen said everyone in the staff team was thrilled to hear of the new rating. Joanne commented, “Everyone works very hard to keep the site in tip-top shape and so it’s always great to know that our efforts are meeting such high standards.
“We are particularly pleased with the outcome of our investment into the children’s play area. It’s something we have been planning for a while and it’s really great to see it in place and being used by lots of visiting families. We are now working on a host of improvements for 2018 so watch this space, or better still, come along and see the site for yourself – we’ll be delighted to welcome you.”