Our team at South Lytchett Manor aim to ensure all our guests enjoy our park and facilities. If you need any assistance either whilst planning your visit or during your stay, we would be delighted to help. Please contact us by telephone or email if you have any queries or requests regarding access to our facilities.
• We cater for caravans, motorhomes and tents.
• We offer email facilities and free Wi-Fi access.
• 4G Mobile phone coverage is good across the park.
• Reservations can be made by telephone, email, online or letter.
• Payment is made 28 days prior to arrival by credit/debit card or cheque. Any bookings made within 28 days of arrival must be paid in full at the time of booking.
• Pitches are allocated at the time of booking and we are happy to advise you on the location and suitability of pitches for your requirements. Please specify any special needs at the time of booking.
• Entrance to the park is via impressive gates. Height and width restrictions apply (Height 3.8m/12ft 5 x width 2.9m/ 9ft 8). This may restrict the larger RV vehicles.
• Our park information and access statement is available in large print. If requested, We can post or email a copy.
• Outside the reception area there is a tarmac arrivals area. A disabled parking space is also available.
• All facilities are clearly signposted with gold on green signs.
• There is a slight ramp into the reception/shop.
• The door is wheelchair accessible. 1m wide.
• Staff will come from behind reception to meet and greet those in wheelchairs.
• Seating is available in reception.
• Hearing loop is available for use in reception and the shop.
• A magnifying glass, paper and clipboard are available upon request.
• Information leaflets are available in large print.
• We have compiled our own printed leaflets giving details of wheelchair accessible attractions, shop mobility, taxi services etc.
• We endeavour to show all our guests to their pitches if requested and a familiarisation tour is offered to all guests with special needs.
• A printed familiarisation tour will be offered to all guests who have a hearing impairment.
• The park has three amenity blocks situated at the top, middle and bottom of the site; therefore most pitches are in close proximity to the facilities.
• All blocks have non-slip floor tiles.
• Two of the blocks benefit from ambient doors.
• Amenity blocks are accessible via gravel, tarmac and concrete track.
• There is a disabled/shower toilet suite at the middle amenity block with low line toilet and sink and colour contrasting grab handles. The shower height can be adjusted and there is also a fixed chair. It has a good turning circle for a wheelchair and access requires a radar key; keys are available to buy, or on a deposit system from reception.
• Four family shower suites are situated at the middle block.
• One family shower suite, plus a disabled and family shower suite is situated at the top of the park. Baby baths are available in these facilities.
• Emergency alarms are installed in each of the disabled facilities.
• There are three dish washing areas; sinks are at a height of 92cm. Push taps are fitted.
• Level access via a gravel path, with non-slip tiles.
• Two token operated washing machines and two token operated dryers. Staff are happy to assist with the use of the machines as required.
• The sinks are at the height of 88cm with push button sinks.
• There is a fenced children’s play area with two exit points.
• Soft form floor surfaces are under the play equipment.
• Bench seating is provided.
• The games field has five a side football nets, a badminton net and table tennis table.
• There are several dog walking areas: around our pond and woods and around our manor field picnic area. Finally, we have an off-lead dog walking area, which is an enclosed meadow. These areas may not be suitable for wheelchair users. Assistance dogs are always welcome.
• Children are not allowed in the pond area unless accompanied by an adult.
• Water bowls are available for dogs.
• All our electric pitches have 10 amp hook up’s and all have TV connection. We have new deluxe hard standing pitches, which have water, drainage, their own light, and picnic bench. Our hard standing pitches are predominantly gravel and most are large enough for unit and awning.
• Assistance is always available with pitching if requested.
• Chemical and Grey Water Disposal points are situated at each amenity block. Taps are push button.
• Numerous enclosed bin and recycling areas are situated around the park.
• Fire points are generally within 50 metres.
• Cars are generally parked alongside unit.
• We are situated in 25 acres of parkland, the main concrete drive runs the length of the park and speed is restricted to 5 mph. (Walking pace)
• The park is well landscaped and additional lighting was installed during the winter of 2019
• Speed bumps are every 50m or thereabouts and are distinctively visible.
• The park is mainly flat; however some areas are very slightly sloping.
• There is a frequent bus service to Poole and the Heritage Coastline at the park gates. Buses are wheelchair accessible.
• The local pub/restaurant is 10 minutes walk, on a wide footpath all the way. The pub is wheelchair and dog friendly.
• We have compiled comprehensive guides to accessible beaches, shops mobility needs etc.
• A pay as you go mobile telephone is available for our guests with specific needs.
• Staff live on site.
• During high season the shop is open from 8 am – 10 pm, and stocks a wide range of essentials including bread, milk, meats, free range eggs, and camping spares. It also stocks groceries and alcoholic beverages. During low and saver seasons the opening times may vary.
• All of the family have attended the Welcome All and Welcome to Excellence training in disability awareness.
• The site has been awarded mobility 1 accreditation and hearing 1 accreditation with The National Accessibility Scheme.
• We have also been awarded gold for the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible, and to include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the Park if this statement does not answer your questions. We do encourage and welcome your feedback, so if you have any comments we would love to hear from you!
We booked for two nights in our Motorhome and ended up staying six nights. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Shower blocks were kept clean and water was lovely and hot. Bus stop directly outside site going to Poole and Swanage on the he number 40 bus route. Worth getting a return ticket to save money Mo, Oct 2021
We had a simply fabulous time at South Lytchett Manor last month. We were not sure about camping in October but the site is well insulated, the playground kept our kids well entertained and the facilities were super clean and comfortable. We loved having a shop onsite and there are water taps and electricity points in abundance.. we have stayed at a number of sites and couldn’t recommend this Beth, Nov 2020
Great campsite, really friendly and polite staff. Very clean facilities and felt ‘safe’ with all the hand sanitizer and clear signage, highly recommend - we’ll probably book one of the huts next time.... Richard , Oct 2020
And They're The Same!READ MORE >
We've been using lockdown to experiment with poetry. Here's a poem about Dorset in SpringREAD MORE >
Find out more about South Lytchett Manors proactive approach to CoronavirusREAD MORE >