Dorset is great for dogs
With so many dog friendly areas surrounding us there is no shortage of places you can take your four legged friends. The beautiful Dorset countryside is covered with some of the best dog walks in the country. There are some amazing coastal walks and wooded valleys to explore right on our door step, just come and ask us and we’ll provide you with lots of options. We keep a comprehensive folder in our information centre for local dog friendly walks. On our reception counter we even have dog biscuits to keep your four legged friends happy!
Dog friendly pubs in Dorset
Many of the local pubs welcome dogs including our local, St Peter’s Finger. This lovely pub has a small beer garden and its friendly staff will make you and your dog feel most welcome. Dogs are allowed throughout and you can enjoy good value food. Dogs are also welcome at the Courtyard Craft Centre which is just down the road from us.
Dogs on beaches:
- Hamworthy Park beach is a designated dog beach and can be used all year round and it’s only 3 miles away from us at South Lytchett Manor.
- Branksome Dene Chine is a designated dog beach and can be used all year round.
- Lake Pier is a designated dog beach and can be used all year round.
- Sandbanks beach has a designated dog beach area at the western end of Sandbanks Beach to Haven Point (by the chain ferry).
- During the winter, from 1 October to 30 April dogs, are allowed on all Poole’s beaches.
- During the summer season, from 1 May to 30 September, dogs are not allowed on any of Poole’s Blue Flag beaches, including Sandbanks, Shore Road, Canford Cliffs and Branksome Chine.
More information about dogs on beaches in Poole can be found on Poole Council’s website.
South Lytchett Manor mowed dog walking field.
Dog walking facilities at South Lytchett Manor
New for 2018, we now have a dedicated dog wash to wash off muddy paws! We also have a dedicated dog walking field which comprises a 2.5 acre mowed areas where your dog can run and exercise off its lead. We also have hand sanitisers here and free poo bags for you to use. We guarantee that they’ll be lots of interesting scents here for your dog to enjoy!
#WuffStuff downloads for dog owners
Download Rosie And Penny’s Guide For Dog Owners > Download
Download Circular Walk 1 > Download
Download Circular Walk 2 > Download
Download Circular Walk 3 > Download
A few rules
We try to keep rules and regulations to a minimum however if you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we kindly ask that you:
- Keep the dog on a short lead on the park at all times.
- Use the designated off lead exercise area.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste in black dustbins.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
Certain breeds may not be accepted. We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the Park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
We are keen that your whole family should enjoy camping in Dorset, including your four legged family members. So what are you waiting for?! Gather up your canine companion and come and find out why we’re one of the best dog friendly campsites in Dorset.