Terms and Conditions
South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park Ltd is a holiday touring park solely for caravans/trailer, tents/tents/motor caravans or Dorset glamping holidays in the Romany Holiday Caravans based onsite. Guests must be bonafide holidaymakers and stay for holiday purposes only. Our guests’ enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these Terms and Conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the park immediately with no refund. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Access Statement and policy
We seek to provide the very best service to all our guests and have a specially prepared Access Statement available which describes the facilities we have to offer on the park. This is available on our website, large print copies are available.
We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from hen and stag parties or similar parties of three or more persons. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
The person who makes the booking warrants that the party will not exceed the numbers stated on the booking.
This contract is with South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park Ltd. Please check your confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy or queries relating to terms and conditions within 24 hours of receipt.
The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
The Price of the Holiday
Once you have made your booking and paid a non refundable deposit of £50.00, or the price of your holiday if less than £50, the charges relating to that holiday will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 28 days prior to your arrival date (no reminder will be sent to you). If the balance is not paid in time then we are entitled to cancel the holiday and retain your deposit. However, every effort will be made to contact you before cancellation.
Cancellation of the Holiday by you
You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us. However cancellation charges are payable as follows:
More than 28 days before arrival – £50 deposit or the total price of your stay if less than £50
28 to 7 days before arrival – 70% of total holiday excluding deposit
7 days and under before arrival – 100% of holiday cost
Please ensure you have suitable insurance to cover cancellation or financial loss.
Change or cancellation of the Holiday by us
If we are unable to provide the booked holiday and have we had to cancel before the holiday is due to start, you are entitled to a full refund of the money you have paid.
If you fail to arrive on your due date and have not contacted us by 11am on the day after your arrival date we will cancel your booking and reserve the right to resell your pitch. No refunds or date changes will be offered in these circumstances. However, every effort will be made to contact you before cancellation.
Arrival and Departure
The earliest arrival time for touring and camping pitches is 12:00pm, Romany caravans 14:00pm. You may be able to arrive later than 6pm, but a prior arrangement must be made with the site. All pitches including Romany caravans must be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure. Enquiries about early arrival/late departure must be made directly to the site. Additional charges may be incurred.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and other guests.
- To supervise children properly so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others
You further agree that you will not:
- commit any criminal offence on the Park or undertake any criminal activity
- commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park
- use any unlawful drugs
- create any undue noise or disturbance
- carry on any trade or business whilst on the Park.
Our Park rules are available online at www.southlytchettmanor.co.uk, or by request and posted within the Park.
Additional Terms and Conditions relating to Romany Caravans
No Smoking Policy
By law, there is a strict No Smoking policy in all our Romany Caravans. Cigarette disposal units are situated outside the reception office and facility blocks. Anyone smoking in any of the units will automatically be charged £200 due to cleaning charges and loss of use.
Two of our Romany Caravans are pet friendly, please advise us of any allergies on booking.
If you have any pet allergies you must notify the site when booking.
Naked flames are not permitted in any Romany Caravan. This includes but is not limited to candles, lighters and matches. No flammable liquids or equipment is allowed into the caravan at any time.
Following your departure, we will check the Romany Caravan and if it is found to be in a poor state through cleanliness or damage, we reserve the right to charge you additional fees to cover the cost of cleaning or repairs.
If You Are Unable To Comply With The Terms And Conditions, You Must Contact Us Within 24 Hours Of Receipt Of Booking Confirmation.
Health and Safety
We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
• The speed limit on the park is 5 mph.
• All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance.
• Guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park. This includes towing vehicles.
• Car, caravans and awnings must be contained within the pitch reserved, any units not adhering to our strict fire safety spacing rule will be asked to re-position the unit.
• Please make yourself aware of the nearest fire point.
• The park is responsible for electrical system up to the socket on the hook-up point at the pitch. It is the responsibility of the camper to ensure that the plug, cable and associated sockets used to connect between the hook-up point and the camper’s unit is safe. The park will not accept any responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use of unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to the parks hook up point.
• All cars and caravans, awnings, tents, etc which are placed in the vicinity of trees are at the sole risk of the owner, and the management cannot accept responsibility for damage caused by falling trees or parts therefrom.
• The management will not be held responsible for damage to client’s property by fire, theft or injury to persons whilst on site.
• It is the responsibility of the camper to ensure gas appliances are safe and regularly maintained.
• Barbeques may be used provided they are raised above ground level. THE LIGHTING OF FIRES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, ANYONE BREAKING THIS RULE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PARK. STRICTLY NO LOG BURNERS, FIRE BASKETS OR CHINESE LANTERNS.
• No cycling after dusk.
• Children must be under the supervision of their parent/guardian on all areas of the park at all times. The pond area is strictly out of bounds to all non–accompanied children.
• No access to the children’s play area after dusk and before 8:30 am.
Our full Health and Safety Policy and Emergency Action Plan are available for inspection in Reception.
Dogs and other pets
If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
• Keep the dog on a short lead on the park at all times.
• Use the designated off lead exercise area.
• Clean up after your dog and dispose of waste in black dustbins.
• Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
Certain breeds may not be accepted.
We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from the Park if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
• Only breathable groundsheets are permitted on grassed areas. Applicable to caravan and motorhome awnings, not tents.
• Maximum power loading on electrical outlets is sufficient for lightning, TV, fridge, microwave oven and shaver but NOT standard domestic kettles.
• STRICTLY NO AWNING HEATERS.
• The use of generators is not permitted.
• Cars, caravans, boats must not be washed on site.
• Radio’s. TV’s etc should be played at a volume that will not disturb others.
• All rubbish/recycling must be placed in the bins provided.
• Grey and chemical waste must be disposed of at the points provided and not allowed to enter the soakaways.
• Playground closed from dusk – 8.30am.
• Please, do not access any part of Lytchett Minster school grounds from any part of the Park including the pond and wooded area.
• It is regretted that no refunds can be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday.
• The information supplied will be stored on computer for administrative purposes. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party. We may from time to time wish to send you news of special offers on our park.
• Quiet hours are from 10.30pm until 8 am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
The size of your unit – you must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure that the allocated pitch is large enough. Should you subsequently alter your requirements we cannot guarantee to provide an appropriately sized pitch.
We are unable to guarantee a requested pitch, however we do our very best to accommodate your booking needs (any guarantees must be in writing by us.)
Please advise us if you are likely to arrive later than 6.00pm.
All pitches must be vacated by 11am on the day of your departure. You are requested not to arrive before 12 noon.
Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
If you have a complaint about anything during your holiday please raise it with a member of our staff immediately and if you wish to pursue it following your departure please write to us within 14 days of your departure. However we do suggest that you try and complete a report about the complaint while you are on holiday.
South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park Ltd
Dorchester Road, Lytchett Minster, Poole, Dorset BH16 6JB.
Telephone: 01202 622577.
If we are unable to settle your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to use the Online Dispute Resolution service here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/