Data Privacy and Security
Personal Data We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the information you give us. This may arise from you providing your information when making a booking on our site www.southlytchettmanor.co.uk , by corresponding with us by phone, email or in writing.
This also includes information you provide when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. The name of the lead guest and contact information including email address, postal address, telephone number and details of your requirements for staying with us are required in order to facilitate your stay with us as a guest.
South Lytchett Manor will not store any personal data other than that required for their business purpose. We will rectify any inaccurate data as requested by guests. Information held is checked or re-checked with guests on booking.
Why Personal Data is Collected
South Lytchett Manor requires the collation and storage of certain personal data in order to carry out their business purpose as a campsite. The lawful reason for processing is that, as a guest with us, you enter into a contract with South Lytchett Manor until your stay is complete. The data collected will be used to administer the agreement between the campsite and the guest and for no other reason without your express permission. If you do not allow South Lytchett Manor to collect the required personal data to administer your stay, then you will not be able to stay as a guest at the campsite.
South Lytchett Manor will not send any marketing communications by email or letter or any other form of communication other than for specific business purpose without your express consent. If you consent to receive marketing communications, you can then opt out at any time, either by pressing the opt-out button on the South Lytchett Manor Newsletter or by calling us on 01202 622 577.
Sharing Personal Data
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Where We Store Your Data
How Long Personal Data Is Kept
As standard, South Lytchett Manor will store personal data on their booking system for up to five years after your stay in order to give the best service to returning customers. If you do not want us to store your data for this amount of time, then please call South Lytchett Manor and request that we remove your data and we will comply once your stay as a guest is complete.
If our contact and dealing with you is via our website(s), we may use “cookies” allowing us to identify your computer but not you personally. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Rights in the Processing of Data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- On registering with us on the website, you must tick the box indicated if you wish to receive information for direct marketing purposes, otherwise you will not receive any marketing communications or newsletters.
- If you no longer want to receive the South Lytchett Manor newsletter or marketing materials, you may change your mind at any time in writing or by email, or by pressing the unsubscribe button on the South Lytchett Manor Newsletter.
- You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the GDPR data protection laws without charge. If you would like to know what personal data we have stored about you, then please call South Lytchett Manor and request this information. We shall provide personal data within 30 days in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form. Machine-readable means that the information is structured so that software can extract specific elements of the data. This enables other organisations to use the data if you desire.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay, the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland. Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.
So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
If you want more information about how South Lytchett Manor stores your personal data or would like to make any of the above requests, then please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) Emily Freeman on the following:
South Lytchett Manor, Dorchester Road, Lytchett Minster, Dorset, BH16 6JB, 01202 622577, or email: email@example.com.