Access Statement for South Lytchett Manor Caravan and Camping Park
> Download the Access Statement for South Lytchett Manor as a pdf > Download Adobe Reader
Introduction to South Lytchett Manor
Our team at South Lytchett Manor aim to ensure all our guests enjoy our park and facilities. If you need any assistance either whilst planning your visit or during your stay, we would be delighted to help. Please contact us by telephone or email if you have any queries or requests regarding access to our facilities.
• We cater for caravans, motor homes and tents.
• We offer email facilities and free Wi-Fi access.
• Please specify any special needs on booking.
• Reservations can be made by telephone, email, online or letter, however payment is made 28 days prior to arrival by credit/debit card or cheque.
• Pitches are allocated on booking and we are happy to advise you on the location and suitability of pitches for your requirements.
• Entrance to the park is via impressive gates. Height and width restrictions apply (Height 4.8m x width 3m) this may restrict the larger RV Vehicles.
• Our park information and access statement is available in large print. On request we can post or email a copy.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Reception area has tarmac arrivals parking area directly outside. A disabled parking space is also available.
• All facilities are clearly signposted gold on green signs.
• Slight ramp to reception/shop.
• The door is wheelchair accessible. 1m wide.
• Staff come from behind reception to meet and greet those in wheelchairs.
• Seating is available in reception.
• Magnifying glass, paper and clipboard are available.
• Information leaflets are available in large print.
• We have compiled our own printed leaflets giving details of wheelchair accessible attractions, shop mobility, taxi services etc.
• We endeavour to show all our guests to their pitches, a familiarisation tour is offered to all guests with special needs.
• A printed familiarisation tour will be offered to all guests who have a hearing impairment.
• The park has three amenity blocks situated at the top, middle and bottom of the site; therefore most pitches are in close proximity to the facilities.
• All blocks have non-slip floor tiles.
• Two blocks benefit from some ambient doors.
• Amenity blocks are accessible via gravel and concrete track.
• There is a disabled/shower toilet suite at the middle amenity block with low line toilet and sink and colour contrasting grab handles. The shower has adjustable height and fixed chair. It has a good turning circle for a wheelchair and is kept locked; keys are available at reception on a cash deposit system.
• Two family shower suites are situated at the middle block.
• One Family shower suite, plus a disabled and family shower suite is situated at the top of the park. Baby baths are available in these facilities.
• Emergency alarms are installed in each of the disabled facilities.
• There are three dish washing areas; sinks are at a height of 92cm. Push taps are fitted.
• Level access via a gravel path, with non-slip tiles.
• Two token operated washing machines and two token operated dryers. Staff are happy to assist with the use of the machines.
• The sinks are at the height of 88cm with push button sinks.
• There is a fenced children’s play area with two exit points.
• Safa grass matting under the play equipment.
• Bench seating is provided.
• Games field with five a side football nets for ball games.
• Dog walking area around our pond and woods, not suitable for wheelchair users.
• Children are not allowed in this area unless accompanied by an adult.
• Off lead dog walking area in our enclosed dog walking meadow. Assistance dogs are always welcome.
• Water bowls are available for dogs.
• All our electric pitches have 10 amp hook up’s and all have TV connection. We have new deluxe hard standing pitches, which have water, own light, drainage and picnic bench. Our hard standing pitches are predominantly gravel and are large enough for unit and awning.
• Assistance is always offered with pitching.
• Chemical and Grey Water Disposal points are situated at each amenity block. Taps are push button.
• Numerous enclosed bin and recycling areas around the park.
• Fire points are generally within 50 metres.
• Cars are generally parked alongside unit.
• We are situated in 25 acres of parkland, the main concrete drive runs the length of the park and speed is restricted to 5 mph. (Walking pace)
• The park is well landscaped and additional lighting was installed during the winter of 2015
• Speed bumps are every 50m or thereabouts and are distinctively visible.
• The park is mainly flat; some areas are very slightly sloping.
• Mobile phone coverage is good across the park.
• There is a frequent bus service to Poole, and the Heritage Coastline at the park gates. Buses are wheelchair accessible.
• The local pub/restaurant is 10 minutes walk, on a wide footpath, all the way. The pub is wheelchair and dog friendly.
• Free Wi-Fi access across the park.
• We have compiled comprehensive guides to accessible beaches, shops mobility needs etc.
• A pay as you go mobile telephone is available for our guests with specific needs.
• Staff live on site.
• High season the shop is open from 8 am – 10 pm, and stocks a wide range of essentials including bread, milk, meats free range eggs, camping spares, and is an off licence facility. Restricted opening times during low and saver seasons.
• All of the family have attended the welcome all and welcome to excellence training in disability awareness.
• We have been awarded mobility 1 accreditation and hearing 1 accreditation with The National Accessibility Scheme.
• We have also been awarded gold for the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible to include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the Park if this statement does not answer your questions. We do encourage and welcome your feedback, so if you have any comments we would love to hear from you!
Updated May 2016