Walk starting point: The Half Way Inn, Norden, Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5DU Tel: 01929 480402
• Leave the Inn and turn left and almost immediately on your left join the signed footpath
• Follow this winding path through the woods, over a fairly wet area before raising up over the heath
• Go under the railway bridge and turn immediately right, following the fenced path to the road at the end. Turn left and follow the road through Furzebrook
• Enter Blue Pool at its entrance or continue on the walk (you can always see Blue Pool later)
• Continue along the road for another 300m. The road bends to the right. Follow the signed path on your left through the woods until you reach a gate.
• Just after the gate turn left down the bridleway, just before reaching the road.
• Follow the path. After a while you will reach a footpath on your left. If you wish take this as it will bring you back on to the path after circling a small pond or just continue on the bridleway
• After passing another small pond on your right the bridleway bears right over a wooden bridge, just before the bridge bear left and follow the footpath. This section can be very wet!
• After snaking through the trees you will eventually reach a junction of two paths. Bear left through the gate and take the path to the right crossing the heathland (Keep the fence to your right hand side all the way)
• At the gravel path turn right and follow the signs to Blue Pool. Don’t take the path leading off to your right as this will take you back to the A351 and leave you with a very dangerous walk back to the pub.
• Either visit the Pool or walk back along the drive turn right and retrace your steps back to the pub.
Image courtesy of Visit Dorset.
Distance from us:
What a fabulous place! Our first outing in our new campervan to try it out, the campsite and facilities are... thewardrobem, Nov 2023
The best campsite I've ever stayed at, usually large complexes lose a bit of what camping is about, but not... Colin, May 2023
Great stay, very clean excellent facilities. Bus into Poole 15 mins nice shops and great walk by the Quay. Definitely... Janet, Nov 2023
We've scored Gold in the DMB Tourism Awards!READ MORE >
Spend a magical day at one of Dorset's magical Christmas markets during your holidayREAD MORE >